What Is Matcha?
What Is Matcha?
Matcha is a superfood powerhouse form of green tea loaded with a variety of health benefits. The process in which it's harvested makes it the highest-grade powdered form of green tea on the planet. This process reserves an abundance of beneficial nutrients compared to traditional green tea, which is highly processed and stripped of most nutrients. Because matcha powder is consumed whole leaf, you ingest more nutrients than you would from steeping a teabag.
How Is Matcha Consumed?
Matcha green tea can be mixed with warm or cold liquids and consumed as a beverage any time of day. Get creative and make your own matcha latte with your milk of choice, cold brew or iced matcha, or simply enjoy it as a warm traditional tea. Just add the matcha powder to a minimum of 6 oz of liquid, mix with a spoon or whisk, then sip!
Enjoy matcha unsweetened or sweeten to your liking with honey, sugar, or stevia. Expand the flavor profile by adding other toppings such as caramel drizzle, lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg, or cacao.
Matcha has also gained popularity in recent years as a culinary ingredient. View our tasty recipes for Superfood Berry Matcha Granola, Ginger Beet Matcha Hummus, Strawberry Lemon Matcha Avocado Toast, Matcha Gin Cocktail, Matcha Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles, and more.
It can also be used as topping ingredient on popcorn, greek yogurt, and açaí bowls to name a few. There is no wrong way to matcha!
Is Matcha Better Than Coffee?
Millions of people would agree that matcha outweighs coffee in every category. Coffee and other high-caffeine stimulants wreak havoc on your body, mind, energy, and stress levels. From anxiety to afternoon crashes, the caffeine hamster wheel ends up being more draining when it's said and done.
Exhausted even after drinking coffee all day? Low productivity without coffee? Roller coaster energy levels? Stressed or anxious? Stomach issues? Heartburn? Stained Teeth? Coffee Breath? Dehydration? Withdrawal headaches? Say goodbye to all of coffee's baggage.
Peace Out, Negative Energy (Coffee). Hello, Positive Energy (Matcha).
What Are The Health Benefits Of Matcha?
- Provides steady energy without the crash, jitters, or anxiety associated with coffee
- Contains less caffeine per serving than a standard cup of coffee
- Improves mood, calms the mind, and decreases stress levels while maintaining alertness
- Boosts brain function, increases focus, concentration, and mental acuity
- Restores vitality and feeling of well-being
- Increases metabolism, boosts fat burning, and can enhance weight loss
- Contains high level of dietary fibers
- Rich in vitamins A, C, E, K, and multiple forms of B
- Can help protect your liver and promotes heart health
- Aids in lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels
- High in minerals such as selenium, zinc, and magnesium which support the immune system
- 137x the number of antioxidants compared to other forms of green tea
- 1 cup of matcha contains more antioxidants and nutrients than 10 cups of traditional green tea
Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information provided by this website and Mantra Mantra LLC is not a substitute for individual medical advice.
Have More Questions?
To learn more about Mantra Matcha and matcha itself, view our FAQ page.