CEREMONIAL MATCHA WHISK
The matcha whisk, also known as a bamboo whisk or chasen, is a vital tool for matcha purists. The purpose of using a matcha whisk is to create a uniform, clump-free, serving of matcha. The bamboo tines help to break down the matcha into tiny particles for even distribution in liquid. The whisking process also draws in air, resulting in oxygenation, which in turn creates a frothy topping.
Note that all Mantra Matcha blends are have been pre-whisked dry to eliminate clumping. Whisking is not mandatory; you may also spoon-stir or shake vigorously for 30 seconds. For those that enjoy a matcha ritual, whisking is for you.
The ritual of whisking matcha green tea traces back to the 1500s in Japan and was created by Murata Juko. Whisking would occur during this sacred tea ceremony (hence ceremonial matcha) called 'The Way of Tea' prior to consumption. In the years to follow, this ceremonial approach to tea was spread to the masses by Zen Master Sen-no-Rikyu. The 4 key pillars of a matcha ceremony are harmony, respect, purity, and tranquility.
HOW TO WHISK MANTRA MATCHA
- Place 1-2 scoops (using included scooper), or 1-2 teaspoons, of Mantra Matcha into a small, dry bowl.
- Mantra Matcha is premixed to remove large clumps so a sifter is not needed.
- Add 2 oz of warm water to the matcha (never use boiling water as it strips the matcha of its nutrients)!
- Whisk firmly in a W motion for 20 seconds.
- Add in 4 more oz of water and whisk for another 20 seconds to enhance froth.
- Pour into cup, customize toppings/mixers as desired, and enjoy!
- For iced matcha, follow the above steps and pour the whisked matcha into a cup that contains ice and 10 oz of cold water (for a total of 16 oz). Shake or stir vigorously to mix.
- Reminder: Whisking Mantra Matcha is not required. Our matcha is so smooth, you can simply stir into water using a spoon or shake to mix. Use whisk to experience the true matcha ritual.
CLEANING YOUR WHISK
After use, do not wash with soap or place it in the dishwasher. Simply place the whisk under hot water and then air dry.
Mantra Matcha: No Nonsense. Super Premium. Real Good.
I was using a wire whisk for a long time. I have to admit this works a lot better!
Gets the job done!
This whisk works wonders